Sunday, October 7, 2007

The year in review

So this Friday was my birthday. I thought that I would share some of the things that I have learned this year with all of you.

  • The world has to be saved. And it can be done. You just have to give a crap.

  • There's more great music out there than I know what to do with it. Seriously.

  • Open source is the way to go. You're reading this courtesy of Ubuntu.

  • I'll never ever again be brain-pimped. If you don't know what I mean, read Atlas Shrugged or ask me about a certain jackass that owes me money.

  • I have some amazing friends. Martial artists, teachers, stylists, scientists, writers, rappers, dancers, you name it.

  • I'm addicted to my hookah. I would pretty much cry if I couldn't get my daily fix.

  • Time does heal all wounds. Sometimes it just takes lots of time!

  • I have no patience for certain things. Seriously - I really don't.

  • A certain someone is my special someone always. I know what that means now to really carry something like that in my heart.

  • Martial arts is my calling. Some of you would say "duh" but I have never been blessed with a great deal of coordination or talent beyond what the average person has. I've been doing martial arts for almost 18 years now - that's insane.

  • I'm learning to deal with people in a more open manner. It's a refreshing approach. I'm not a dishonest person, but sometimes I'm a very closed and impersonal person. I'm learning to be more honest with myself and how to extend that feeling in my dealings with others.

  • My sense of humor is the best.

  • I've turned the internet into a past time.

  • I'm simultaneously the most and least likely person to kick your ass if you offend me.

  • Sex is good. Fighting is bad.

  • I really value my me-time.

  • People will tell themselves a CRAZY story and run with it, all the way.

  • Even your best of friends should be put in check if they cross the line.

  • You can't control who you like.

  • You can't control who you love.

  • You can control who you hate.

  • You can always control what you do and how you act.

  • Some people use you and sometimes you use people. It's not always a bad thing, but it's something to be aware of.

  • The only one holding me back is myself.

  • Someone out there has it way worse than me and they are not complaining.

  • I demand that people demand the best from me and from themselves.

    Having been treated poorly, I acknowledge that it is important to be really nice when the chance presents itself.


    That's all I got this year. For now. 2008 here I come!

    1 comment:

    ... said...

    I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy that, man.

    -Matt B.